Monday, October 30, 2006

“Don't fuck with me, fellas!”

Hay and I watched The Omen 666 last night. Before the movie started Hay decided to go put together a load of laundry, so I sat in the living room watching Damien swing back and forth, back and forth, back and forth on the DVD's menu screen. After about 30 seconds of that I shut off the TV, ran upstairs, and told Hay I just felt like keeping him company. :) The movie was great, the right amount of copying the original but updating to today's world.

Also this weekend we watched our second Lewis Black special. Hay saw Black on a YouTube clip of The Daily Show, and ever since we've been recording Daily and have added all of Black's specials to our Netflix queue. He's a really funny (political) comedian, and I love his finger twitch and burstful anger to emphasize points. I like how he can explain politics to those of us who have a small portion of our brain reserved for understanding this subject, then he can turn its darkness into something we can laugh at. This world is a really scary place, always has been and always will be (until it is decimated), so a little laughter is great coping medicine.

We did some other stuff this weekend, but it doesn't fit into the fuck theme, so I'll omit it. What'd you do this weekend?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Scary movie? I think I'll pass :o
Daily Show? Genius. I, myself, am a huge fan of The Colbert Report.

The Boy became an Uncle on Saturday night, so most of the weekend was spent at the hospital, adoringly admiring his beautiful new niece! And having MANY shots on Saturday Night to celebrate her arrival.

The life of a dating single girl is awesome, I tell you.