Monday, December 18, 2006

Holiday edition: Because I know you were all wondering...

Hay and I went to his work party on Friday night, and we had a great time. The food was incredible, the company was engaging and jovial, and our thieves' auction gift received some very big laughs. My only complaint-slash-puzzlement: The waitstaff was quite good at coming around to offer us more hors d'oeuvres every 3 seconds, but they only came around to refill out water glasses once. I had finished my glass of water in the first 30 seconds I was there. Annoying. And, the next glass tasted like bleach.

I finally sent out my holiday cards this morning!

We did get a tree yesterday, but haven't stuck stuff all over it yet. Georgie is enjoying sitting underneath it and staring at the base, which I don't quite understand.

Cautionary tale: You know how all those gift cards are sitting out in the open for everyone to see and touch at many of our favorite stores? Bad people are lifting the numbers from these cards, then patiently waiting for unsuspecting shoppers to buy said gift cards. The bad people check every (day, few hours, whatever) and once the card goes active they buy things with the number they lifted from the card. This isn't a hoax, it's confirmed by: Snopes, the Jackson County, OR Sheriff's department, and a number of other online news and consumer sources. This holiday season I have chosen to buy as few gift cards as possible, and the one card I did buy I bought from their website instead. Also, I have resolved myself to the idea that the money from that gift card might be stolen, and have decided to assume an “oh well” attitude. Even if you purchase cards from customer service representatives there is no guarantee that everyone who has/had access to those cards is honest. C'est la vie, c'est la guerre.

On that cheery note... happy Monday? And happy 4th night/3rd day of Hanukkah!

No comments: