Saturday, February 19, 2005

Warning: The following movie may cause spontaneous crying

Today I went with my niece to Pooh's Heffalump Movie.

I started crying when the 100 Acre Woods gang was bad-mouthing the baby heffalump as if he were the enemy, then I cried again when the 100 Acre Woods gang learned how to get along with the heffalumps, then started bawling when the baby heffalump and his mum were reunited after being separated and treated unjustly by Rabbit et al. Apparently I need to get out more.

I absolutely love the baby heffalump's voice - British kiddie Kyle Stanger. I hope to hear Kyle's voice in more movies to come, or maybe even see him in a few! What a cutie!

My one complaint about the movie: Eeyore had a very small part, and Christopher Robin was only shown in scenes during the ending credits. Eeyore is my all time favorite character, so that was a bit of a bummer. I think I understand why Christopher Robin wasn't in the film -- to make the lesson of tolerance/acceptance/diversity/multi-culturalism lighter and applicable to all rather than just to white kids and purple elephants. But, still would have been nice to see him a little more.

I'd have to give the Heffalump movie 4 stars, much better than the disgusting Cary Elwes movie.

No comments: