Thursday, January 27, 2005

PJs, tea, and lots of drugs

Despite the fact that I am in my 30s, my father and stepmother gave me Winnie-the-Pooh pajamas for Christmas. Well, guess what -- I'm wearing them. I am sick as a dog when a dog is sick, and these jammies are comfy to my broken body. (My head is no longer clear, it's very cloudy.)

My husband rocks. Even though he was already very late for work today, he collected a list from me and went to the drug store for cold medicines then came back home to give them to me before heading off to the corporate world. I'm not sure I would be conscious right now if he had not brought home those drugs.

It's 1 degree F outside, with a "feels like" of -14 F. Very difficult to keep my tea warm, so I've instead been using throat spray to keep the acid burn out of my throat. I'm about to resort to the other extreme, and eat some chocolate chip ice cream.

This cold sucks. I really need to be able to breathe by tomorrow morning so I can get my upper braces. I will probably have an anxiety attack if they try to install my braces when I can't breathe through my nose.

I'm going back to sleep now... *mumble*

No comments: