Saturday, January 22, 2005

!HUFF

Is anyone else out there so addicted to the show HUFF that they can't wait for their next weekly fix? I started watching this show because my DVR recorded it in place of my all time favorite show, Dead Like Me, when it ended for the season. (My kitty Georgia is named after the lead character of DLM.) HUFF is definitely a worthy substitution for DLM while a new season is filmed.

I have never liked Hank Azaria in any of his movies, but his character Dr. Craig Huffstodt is *perfect* for him. All the goofy images of him in his movies are washed away by his firm yet vulnerable, serious persona.

Paget Brewster is new to me as of "Andy Richter Controls The Universe". She is the perfect amount of quirky and still able to pass as "normal" to the regular folks. She reminds me of Parker Posey from an alternate universe. I love it when her character Beth tells Craig she'll fuck his brains out! That's hot. :) And, her body is smokin'. I admire a beautiful woman when I see one, and she is one.

Oliver Platt is brilliant. You have this hope that he'll become a good boy, but you know he will always fail you - so realistic.

Blythe Danner is so good at playing a complete bitch but then is so sweet and tender at moments. (How many people do you know who'll pull the plug for their suffering friend??) Have you ever seen Blythe Danner talking about her daughter, Gwyneth Paltrow? She isn't a bitch in real life...

And, Byrd. Byrd, Byrd, Byrd. He seems so innocent, but we learn each week that he has depth, conviction of character, and a horndog streak. Anton Yelchin was born in Russia, which allows for an extra "je ne sais quoi" about his character.

I am surprised that I am not seeing this show nominated for awards, but perhaps it is a cult phenomenon? Or, just a Stef phenomenon. :) I wouldn't doubt that...

No comments: