Sunday, September 25, 2005

Not one, not two, not even just three wishes!

I have a friend who knows Amy Grant and whose sister works for the network that broadcasts the new show, Three Wishes. I was talking with my friend the other day and I made a promise that I would watch the show. I just watched it, and although I held back my tears I need to share that this show is spectacular. In addition to Amy Grant as the host, the other regular cast members (all from Discovery/TLC shows) are: Carter Oosterhouse from Trading Spaces, Diane Mizota from Trading Spaces: Boys vs. Girls, and Eric Stromer from Clean Sweep. They all pull together resources and use their celebrity status to make the impossible happen for regular people. I just cannot believe what I saw in this one episode*, and there's only more to come.

three_wishes_p2
Amy Grant at a carnival to raise money for
a girl's facial reconstruction surgery

In this first episode the team grants three major wishes, but takes care of a few other smaller wishes at the end of the show. So touching that they not only take care of the biggest wishes but also the smaller wishes that mean just as much to the people who just wanted a new keyboard or to go to the movies together.

If you are inspired and heartened by the spirit of giving (without any material reciprocation) please try out this show. :)

Three Wishes airs Fridays at 9:00pm on NBC.

*Note: I wanted to link to the episode guide on the show's site but it's not working right now. I have sent feedback to the webmaster to let them know there is a problem with the page. Once the page is working I'll post the link to the episode.

1 comment:

BarbaraMG said...

I have always thought Amy Grant was a cool person, even when the Christian world was slamming her for her divorce and secular music.
I love the idea of the show. I just wish I had cable so I could watch!