Monday, September 05, 2005

Camouflage

I was about to pull a weed from one of the circle gardens in the back yard when I noticed this little guy was sleeping on it:

caterpillar-mimic
(Click to see the full-sized unaltered photo.)

I circled him since he blends in so perfectly it's hard to tell he's there. I took a bunch of pictures, thus royally pissing him off so that he reared his head at me, then I gently pulled the weed out and placed it even more gently onto the ground where we place our pulled weeds.

3 comments:

Poppy said...

It's a 5.1 megapixel (but only 3x optical zoom) Sony Cybershot. My husband and I both agree that our next camera will have a much more powerful zoom, or at least an attachment mechanism for a zoom lens.

jules said...

wow .. neat picture!

duff said...

what a cool photo.