Thursday, September 08, 2005

Higher ground, but...

...no food, clean water, shelter, or hope in sight for these two dogs who are living on top of this SUV:

17

The picture is from What Really Happened. Thanks to Moxie for introducing me to this site. Warning: The site contains images of dead bodies. The site is being hit pretty hard with traffic at the time of my post, perhaps later at night is a better time to visit.

And, just as a correlated aside, I received my popbitch newsletter today which was topped with these two quotes:
"I hate the way they portray us in the media.
You see a black family, it says, 'They're
looting.' You see a white family, it says,
'They're looking for food.'" - Kanye West

"Who cares if they take a TV? These people
have been poor all their life - let them
have that ONE moment of touching what
they've never had!" - Celine Dion
I had seen Kanye's quote around the web, but not Celine's.

And, finally, my girl Tiger Lilly sent me a link to VP Cheney being told to "go fuck yourself".

2 comments:

acw said...

That Cheney thing was hysterical. In no other part of the country would people be able to get away with that. So much for free speech.

Maman said...

I am sure that the president will say that the animals ran away from their owners or that the owners dropped them off in the country and then the animals all wandered into the flood zone. The spin has begun, so I am trying to be prepared for the most ridiculous answer ever.