Saturday, November 12, 2005

Unexpected

Last night I had grandiose plans of waking up early to plant the rest of our bulbs and cut back more of the perennials so that they can grow back happily and healthily next year. My body had a different plan. It wanted to sleep until 10am today. It wanted to ache and hurt and burn. It wanted to have a sinus headache. It wanted me to feel dehydrated despite my drinking 8+ glasses of water yesterday. It wanted to basically keep me stuck on the couch all day. :)

Modified plan for today: make my favorite oatmeal chocolate chunk cookies for Hay (but a few for me too ;), review the Christmas gift "sicheeation" to see who we still need to shop for, drink my ice water and read The Apothecary Rose or Running with Scissors (whichever I'm in the mood to read) while lounging in the tub, locate all of the bulbs for planting, and if my body wants to cooperate then I will plant said bulbs and cut back the front bed plants, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

No comments: